Seriously, that's about all I have to say.
Yes, I knew that getting back into shape wouldn't be easy. Yes, I knew that working out five days a week, multiple activities per day, would probably make me a little sore.
I did not anticipate not being able to sneeze or laugh or use my abdominals to pull myself out of bed in the morning.
Ouch.
All soreness aside, I'm very pleased with how training is progressing so far. Tuesday was off (hallelujah) and yesterday was a long swim (easy peasy, thank goodness). Where I got myself into trouble was with the extra energy I had post-swim. That's when I did a little exploring of the freeweights section in the gym.
I was like a child. Ooh- they have medicine balls! Ooh there's hardly anyone in here so I won't have to wait for a machine! I went a little overboard, and that's why it's a good thing I can swim.
With work nonsense picking up at the end of this week (hint: I might have the opportunity to meet someone who's A. important B. political and C. was born in Scranton, not too far from here! I wonder if he's an Office fan like moi?), the daunting task of doing both a short run and a long bike today and tomorrow is a little worrisome. There's a spin class at 5:30 and if I can get my butt out the door to go to it, there will be serious patting on the back when I get home. And because I live alone it will be by me, or Belle, even though she doesn't quite understand English yet. We're working on it.
Three more days of training this week until we pick up the pace by 10 percent next week. Looking ahead to the weeks before the race, I can't fathom how I'm going to be able to bike for 155 minutes or run for 77. I get antsy after like 45 and 30 minutes of those. I keep picturing it will be like that story in the book Holes where the kid has to carry a pig up the mountain every day and he grows stronger as he does it. Is it a pig? Not sure why I think it's a pig if it really isn't.
Anyway I picture myself just carrying this porker up the mountain and each week the pig grows a little bigger. Good thing that isn't true though because I'm not sure what it would help me accomplish in a triathlon.
Pig. Bacon. Time for breakfast.
No comments:
Post a Comment